Boudreau’s Bitters No.2
A prototype bitters created by that rock'n roll barstar Jamie Boudreau.
Boudreau’s Bitters No.2 Recipe:
1. Place all ingredients in a jar and let sit for three weeks.
2. Shake the jar three times a day.
3. Strain through cheesecloth into a clean jar.
4. Add solids and sultana raisons to 1400 mL of water and boil.
5. Simmer for ten minutes and place in a jar.
6. Put jar in fridge and let steep for one week.
7. Stain liquids through a cheesecloth.
8. Add some browned sugar to both liquids.
9. Skim off floating crap.
10. Strain liquid through cheese cloth into a third jar (do not add sediment)
11. Let steep one week.
12. Stain through coffee filter into a new clean jar.
13. You are now ready for bottling.
14. Combine equal parts bitters and water
15. Bottle in Woozy or Dasher bottles.
The recipe does not state the quantity of Sultana raisons, bor does it indicate how much "browned sugar" to add. I'm assuming that the term "browned" indicated caramelized sugar, as opposed to standard brown sugar. But I could be wrong.
Back to Bitters List